I am currently accepting select Young Adult books for review. You can send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
I am also accepting any fiction that will be appropriate for teaching in the high school classroom (no graphic language or sexuality).
I accept ARCs and finished copies.
I am NOT accepting self-published books, indie press books, or interactive media books at this time. Review requests for these books will not receive a reply.
I enjoy YA fiction in the following genres:
- Historical fiction
- Fairy tale/myth retellings
- Light contemporary romance
- Gothic horror/romance
- Accepting Books
I will make every effort to read and review in a timely fashion and with regard to release dates, but I cannot guarantee this. I prefer to receive a book 3-4 months prior to when you would like the review posted.
I will write a review for every young adult book I finish. Many reviews will also be posted on my blog and Goodreads, though not all and they may be modified. My reviews are written from the perspective of a high school English teacher as well as a reader who is trying to reach the YA audience.
I write fair and honest reviews, but this does not mean I will always write positive reviews. My reviews are my opinion, and if I don’t enjoy a book then my review will reflect that.
All reviews will include the following:
- Cover art
- Book stats: Title, author, publisher, page count, release date, series status
- A personal summary
- My review: What I liked and didn't
Author Guest Posts and Interviews
* Please Note: At this time, I will only accept guest posts from authors.
I am happy to host authors on Coming at YA!
If you would like to be featured, please email me with the following information:
- Your name and the name of your book
- A brief description of your book (or link to Goodreads)
- Do you prefer a guest post or an interview? Will you provide a topic/questions or would you like me to? *
- The month/date you would like to be featured**
- If you would like to include a giveaway
*Please note: If I have not read your book yet and you are coming up with your own guest post topic, then I prefer, but do not require, you send me a copy of your book.
If I have not read your book yet and I am coming up with the guest post topic or interview questions, then I require a copy of your book and 3-4 months advance time to read your book.
** Please note: I schedule my posts months in advance (that is, if you contact me in January, the odds are slim to none that I will have an opening available for you in February).